When we think of the most vulnerable members of our society, we often think of young children. Sadly, individuals at the other end of the spectrum––our nation’s elderly––are also among our community’s most vulnerable. From financial exploitation to physical abuse, seniors in our community are susceptible to neglectful and intentionally violent treatment, even within the confines of “safe” nursing and care facilities.
Nursing home abuse is unsettlingly prevalent in Oregon, even at facilities that seem clean and reputable. Your loved one may be a victim of nursing home abuse if you have noticed the following signs:
- Sudden changes in behavior, mood, or personality
- Unexplained injuries, including bruises, cuts, and broken bones
- Symptoms of neglect, including disheveled appearance, weight loss, and dehydration
- Increased fear or timidity around specific nursing home employees
- Unusual or unexplained financial decisions
If you believe an elderly family member or loved one is displaying these symptoms, or if you have concerns about the level of care your loved one is receiving in their nursing home, your loved one may be a victim of nursing home abuse. Contact Tim Jones, PC now for a no-cost phone consultation.